Meet new people and have fun learning with students of similar ability and age. With an emphasis on technique, we strive to provide your child with solid skills that they will utilize throughout their skiing or riding career / Mountain Village offers Full Day lessons / Both Full Day and Half Day lessons are available at Madison Base / Lunch Provided for Full Day Lessons |
9:15-3:45 Full day
9:15-12:00 & 1:00-3:45 Madison Base only
At Big Sky, we strive to provide a quality learning experience in a safe and fun environment. Children are placed into groups according to their skill level, from first timers to all mountain riders. Our Mountain Sports School emphasizes technique over terrain. Half day lessons are available out of the Madison Base. Mountain Village offers full day lessons only.
Please keep in mind that our instructors may decide to give the group a break, depending upon their needs. Adequate water breaks aid in adjusting to elevation changes. When skiing or riding in Montana, layering works best. Be sure to have a waterproof jacket and pants and plenty of layers underneath. For children, please put names in clothing. Helmets, goggles and gloves are highly recommended all of our skiing and riding guests.
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to lesson registration or 1 hour prior if rental equipment is needed. Please allow for more time during peak season and for large groups. You may bring your own equipment or rent from Big Sky Sports Rentals. Any guest taking a lesson may receive a 20% discount the day/s of their lesson/s on their rental equipment, please check in with Mountain Sports School first.
- We highly recommend checking in the day before your lessons.
- Save up to 15% by booking online. Multi-day discounts only available online.
- Lift tickets are required during lessons. Children 6 and under always ski free. Students 7 and older need to purchase a lift ticket in addition to the lesson.
- Multi-day group lessons do not need to be used on consecutive days, just select the correct start date
- A Big Sky RFID Card is required for all Big Sky Resort Guests
- Please add 3% tax
- Prices are subject to change. Lesson Rates are per person and non-transferable
- Private Lessons must be cancelled or rescheduled 48 hours in advance to avoid a 50% penalty charge. Group Lessons may be cancelled at any time without penalty.